Category Archives: Workplace Learning
Training Quotes and Maxims
Merriam-Webster defines maxims as well-known phrases that express a general truth about life. People often use maxims and quotes as a way to become enlighten, motivated and inspired. Quotes and maxims can be found in almost all aspects of understanding the meaning in life. Here are some quotes that relate to teaching and learning.
- “The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.”- Mark Van Doren
- “What I hear, I forget. What I see, I remember. What I do, I understand.”-Confucius
- “You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him discover it within himself.”- Galileo Galilei
- “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.”
- “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”- Albert Einstein
- “Those who know, do. Those who understand, teach.”-Aristotle
- “It’s no use talking unless people understand what you say.”- Zora Neale Hurston
- “The five steps in teaching an employee new skills are preparation, explanation, showing, observation and supervision.”-Bruce Barton
- “The teacher is the one who gets the most out of the lessons, and the true teacher is the learner.”- Elbert Hubbard
- “Learning never exhausts the mind.-Leonardo da Vinci
- “I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.”- Pablo Picasso
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”- Bill Gates
- “I never learn anything talking. I only learn things when I ask questions.”-Lou Holtz
- “No one learns as much about a subject as one who is forced to teach it.”-Peter F. Drucker
- “True Leaders bring out your personal best. They ignite your human potential.”- John Paul Warren
- “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.”-Goethe
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.”-Aristotle
- “I am still learning.”- Michelangelo
November Workplace Learning and Performance Improvement Article Links
October Workplace Learning and Performance Improvement Article Links
Why High Performers Really Like Performance Reviews
Fun: There’s a Right way and a Wrong Way
Why Leaders Should Focus on Employee Investments not Engagement
5 Content Troubleshooting tips for Instructional Designers
When Performance Reviews Simply Aren’t Enough
How to Get People Involved in Training
August Workplace Learning and Performance Improvement Article Links
Performance Management: We Won’t Fix The Problem by Ignoring It.
The Real Test of a Manager? Its Successfully Fighting For Your Team.
Eight Leader Habits of a Learning Culture.
6 Common Networking Mistakes to Avoid.
5 Models to Pull Out of your Hat on a Moment’s Notice.
8 (Mostly) Digital Alternatives to Meetings.
The Message is Clear: Workers Still Want Balance, Growth, Advancement
Become an Expert in Instructional design
Workplace Learning and Performance Improvement Articles
Why Matching Informal and Formal Learning is in Style
6 ways to Build Atmosphere and Emotion in your e-learning theme
Achieving Worthy Performance in Healthcare Instructional Design
ASTD Reboots with New Name and Logo
Focus- The Forgotten Performance Skill
Top 10 Signs that You Might be Doing Social Learning Wrong
5 Reasons you Need to be Using Games for Corporate Training
Instructional Design Models and Theories
A Quick No-Nonsense Guide to Basic Design Theory
4 Ways to Make Training More Fun for Repeat Learners
Do Old School Workplace Rules and Hierarchies Still Matter
How to Give Feedback on Assessments
What Separates Great Trainers from the Merely “OK?”
Your Company Culture Could be Killing Performance
April 20014 Article Links
Every month, I gather articles and postings that I tweet as an added resource on information that focuses on workforce issues, training and performance and mobile learning.
- Individualized e-learning is a Necessity: http://bit.ly/1rEoDgL
- 7 Tips to Manage Stress in the Workplace: http://cb.com/1iyDTv2
- All it Takes is Talent? Just another myth about building a high performance workforce.http://bit.ly/1fKSO0r
- 6 Innovative Ideas Every Presenter Can Learn From a Cup of Noodles:http://bit.ly/1kmASNM
- 6 Essential Qualities Training Managers Need:http://bit.ly/1ji9EV9
- How to use the Science of Learning and Remembering in Corporate Training:http://bit.ly/1iS7OKs
- How to Create a Mobile Learning Strategy:http://bit.ly/1hAQA8Y
- Mentoring or Coaching: What’s Best for Your Company?:http://bit.ly/1sBv6wj
- Principles of Effective Learning:http://bit.ly/R1p0am